“According to the American Cancer Society®, breast cancer remains the most commonly diagnosed form of cancer among women in the United States. Thanks to early detection through regular mammograms and effective treatment, the five-year survival rate has improved from 80 percent in the 1950s to an astounding 98 percent today.
The Pampered Chef is entering its 10th year in joining forces with the American Cancer Society — a collaboration that shares a relentless quest to save lives and help put an end to breast cancer. To date, The Pampered Chef has donated more than $6.7 million to the American Cancer Society from Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser Shows and special pink-themed product sales. The money raised supports breast cancer education and early detection programs.
“”We’re proud to be a part of the American Cancer Society’s lifesaving work,”” said Marla Gottschalk, chief executive officer of The Pampered Chef. “”Through our 10-year collaboration extraordinary strides continue to be made in breast cancer awareness and education. We’re honored to support women who have been touched by this disease and applaud their incredible strength.””
Raise Funds with a Cooking Show Fundraiser
The Pampered Chef invites people to celebrate food, friends and family by hosting a Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser Cooking Show. Guests can taste delicious, affordable recipes and receive valuable cooking tips from an experienced Consultant while raising money for breast cancer awareness and early detection. Up to 25 percent of total Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser Show sales is contributed to the American Cancer Society.
Special Pink-themed Products
A contribution of $1 will go to the American Cancer Society for every pink-themed kitchen tool purchased from The Pampered Chef in May. The following special Help Whip Cancer products apply:
• The Pampered Chef Favorites Recipe Card Collection A selection of the 15 most requested appetizer, main dish and dessert recipes. Includes beautiful color photographs and a prevention and early detection tip card from the American Cancer Society.
• Cake Tester This baker’s helper is long enough to check baked goods in deep vessels and the decorative breast cancer awareness ribbon makes it easy to locate in any drawer.
• Dots Microfiber Towel Thousands of tiny loops create a super-absorbent, nonabrasive surface for drying dishes and wet or dry cleaning. Static-charged microfiber attracts dust to quickly dust floors and shelves, too.
• Pink Flexible Scraper The long and slender, yet sturdy design is ideal for spooning, scraping and leveling ingredients.
• Daisy Dessert Plates Square, glass plates, with a dainty pink and white daisy border. Each piece is individually formed, making them one-of-a-kind.
“”Thanks to support from The Pampered Chef’s Help Whip Cancer campaign, we are saving lives making strides against breast cancer,”” said Van Velsor Wolf, 2008-09 volunteer chair, American Cancer Society National Board of Directors. “”Together, we can create a world with more birthdays by helping women stay well, by helping them get well, by finding cures and by fighting back.””
For More Information
For more information about Help Whip Cancer, hosting a Fundraiser Cooking Show or purchasing Help Whip Cancer products please call Rebecca Caldwell, Independent Consultant for The Pampered Chef, at (410) 763-7463.