Woman Suffers Burns From Exploding Lighter

Amanda Duclos, 18 of Grasonville, suffered burns on June 2 when a cigarette lighter exploded, according to a news release from the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office. The fire marshal’s office said six firefighters from the Queenstown Volunteer Fire Company responded to the 1200-block of 4-H Park Road for a report of a burn victim. Deputy State Fire Marshal Jeff Thomas said Duclos was driving a car on Route 18 and tried to light a cigarette when the lighter exploded. The statement from the fire marshal’s office said Duclos suffered non-life threatening burns to her face and back. She was flown by a state police helicopter to the John Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore.

Comments