-Anne Arundel Medical Center Partnering with Anne Arundel County Public Schools, health experts to help families cope with food allergies-
Anne Arundel Medical Center (AAMC) is partnering with area experts to provide the latest information to those affected by food allergies or know someone affected by food allergies in a special food allergy workshop, Food Allergies Aren’t Just Nuts.
“Food allergies don’t just affect the person with the allergy. Often, the whole family needs to know which foods are safe, which are off-limits and how to recognize an allergic reaction,” says Ann Caldwell, AAMC nutritionist and registered dietician and featured speaker.
Get information about food allergies focusing on diagnosis and treatment, along with how to live healthy and safely at school, work, and social gatherings.
A panel discussion will include:
- Timothy Andrews, MD, allergist
- Maureen Burke, owner, One Dish Cuisine
- Ann Caldwell, registered dietitian
- Donna DeCosta, MD, author, A Little Bit Can Hurt: The Shocking Truth About Food Allergies
- A representative from Anne Arundel County Public Schools
WHEN: Tuesday, May 13, 6:30–8pm
WHERE: AAMC Belcher Pavilion, 7th Floor, Doordan Institute
Register online at AAMCevents.org (search: allergy) or call 443-481-5555.